What next?

9 years, 3 months ago

(5 comments)

Now that my various projects seem to be mostly behaving themselves, it's time to decide what to write next. I've had a few requests and a few ideas, so here's a rundown of possibilities.

Most of these will probably happen eventually, but it's always useful to know which ideas are useful to a wider audience, so feel free to comment or contact me if you're keen to see one of these created, or if you can think of improvements or existing projects I ought to be aware of. I'll also be writing up any interesting aspects of these projects as I implement them, and suggestions for posts of that kind that you'd like to see are also welcome.

Comments

Stefan Sarzio 9 years ago

I would like the Locale plugin: Connectbot most.

Link | Reply

David Spivey 8 years, 10 months ago

I use tasker and also need a ping plugin. I am needing to determine whether a computer in my network (both at home and at the office) is awake/on. I am aware that locale plugins are compatible with tasker, but I am not sure how such a plugin would return a value. I don't need the "bonus points" option, but if you could make a short "is this alive/awake/reachable" plugin, I would appreciate that very much. Maybe later you can add the "bonus points" support. I will be monitoring your webpage to see if you make any announcements about the availability of this plugin.

Link | Reply

David Spivey 8 years, 9 months ago

I just need to know if you are even working on any of the items on your "What's Next" list. I posted a request for a tasker/locale ping plugin a month and a few days ago and have not seen any update that indicates that you are still intending to make one. Is this something that is in active development, or is this something I should bother another developer about?

Link | Reply

Chris Boyle 8 years, 9 months ago

Sorry, I do still want to work on these at some point but, inevitably, have not had as much time as I'd hoped. If you have a pressing need for such a thing I would definitely recommend asking others about it. Perhaps you could comment here if you get a positive response from anyone? Thanks.

Link | Reply

transparencecode.blogspot.fr 7 years, 4 months ago

I wrote a ping plugin for Locale:

I hope it can be useful to you.

Link | Reply