January 2014-present: CoreFiling, Oxford, UK: Software developer
- Part of a small team responsible for development, maintenance, and design of new features on multiple products.
- Main product: server-side Java software to bridge between XBRL (XML for financial reporting) and Excel / CSV / databases.
- Python, Scala and Excel VBA are also involved.
July 2004-September 2004: HeadRED Media, Coventry, UK: Web developer (STEP placement)
- Built an online bespoke suit shop (and similar projects intermittently to May 2005, part-time).
January 2016-present: Code Club: Volunteer
- Helping children aged 9-11 learn to code using Scratch.
- Supervising sessions, answering questions, helping with debugging.
January 2002-present, intermittently: Debian GNU/Linux: Developer
- Current maintainer of 4 packages.
- Handled bug reports and integration with other software.
March 2003-March 2005: University of Warwick Computing Society: Elected as Technical Officer 2004-5, Linux User Group liaison 2003-4
- Provided gaming sessions, LAN parties, web and shell hosting to a membership of over 200 users and other societies.
- Organised events such as guest lectures and installation help sessions (‘installfests’).
- Gave training seminars on the use of Linux.
2002-2006: University of Warwick, Coventry, UK: Computer Science MEng, 2.i
- Fourth year group project using Extreme Programming: pub food ordering using Java (Micro and Standard Editions) and Bluetooth.
- Third year individual project: dual-interface calendar using C++ and MySQL.
- Second year group project: supermarket checkout system.
- Modules on: software engineering, networking, HCI, database systems, graphics, automata, parallel algorithms, neural networks, AI and project management.
1997-2002: Winchester College, Winchester, UK
- 5 A-level A grades in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, German.
- STEP Mathematics II grade 2, 2 AS-levels, 7 GCSEs including Mathematics A*.
- Full UK driving license.
- Enhanced DBS certificate issued October 2015.